- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Seared Steak in Pebre Inspired Sauce Recipe Video
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Tomato||2 Medium, dice|
|Cilantro||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chop|
|Jalapeno pepper||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|New york strip steak||16 Ounce, trimmed (2, 8-10 ounce)|
|Creole sausage||1 Tablespoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Avocado||1 , pitted, peeled|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.8 mg
Sodium 769.5 mg32.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 25 g49.7%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 31.1%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For Pebre sauce, in a bowl, add onion, tomato, jalapeno, cilantro, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, and salt. Mix it well.
2. Make horizontal slits into each steak. Pour ½ of the sauce on it, reserving the other half for later use in refrigerator.
3. With a saran wrap, cover the steak, and place it in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
5. Place an oven proof skillet on medium high heat, pour canola oil, and place steak in it. Sear for about 2 minutes per side or until nice crispy or brown.
6. Pop steak into oven, and roast for 5-7 minutes, for medium rare, depending on the thickness of steak.
7. Take it out of the oven, tent with foil, and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
8. In the meanwhile, chop avocado, and drop it into the remaining sauce.
9. Cut steak into slices, serve it hot with avocado Pebre sauce, and oven roasted potatoes.