- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Seared Shrimp and Scallop Fettucini With Sundried Tomato Pesto Recipe Video
|Shrimp||2 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Scallop||5 , foot removed|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Fresh basil leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||3 Tablespoon|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
|White wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 687 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 360.5 mg
Sodium 668.4 mg27.9%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 62 g124.3%
Vitamin A 22.6% Vitamin C 34.6%
Calcium 23.9% Iron 44.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, add lemon juice, basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, 1/4 – 1/3 cup olive oil and salt and pepper and puree until combined.
2. The pesto should be very thick with a slight run of olive oil. Once done, set aside.
3. Next, season the seafood on all sides with salt and pepper.
4. In a large saute pan add in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and caramelize all sides of the seafood. Then, de-glaze with white wine.
5. In the meanwhile, add the fettucini to a large pot of salted boiling water and cook al dente. Drain water and set aside.
6. Add the fettucini to the seafood pan along with the pesto.
7. Add the sun dried tomatoes and toss well.
8. Adjust salt and pepper as required.
9. Plate and garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.