- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Seared Salmon with Cabernet Infused Grapes and Pan Roasted Cabbage Recipe Video
|Bacon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Green cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Salmon fillet||1 Medium|
|Thyme leaves||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Red grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved|
|Cabernet sauvignon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Dash (Only used if required for the grape sauce)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 665 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.5%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.7 mg36.6%
Sodium 709 mg29.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 41 g81.5%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 97.1%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 24.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, sear the bacon until crispy.
2. Add the green cabbage into the bacon skillet and sear. Once done, season with salt and pepper.
3. In the meanwhile, sprinkle the thyme leaves over the salmon fillet along with olive oil. Also, season with salt and pepper.
4. In a hot saute pan, place the seasoned salmon skin side down and cook on all sides. The skin will peel right off.
5. In a pan, add the halved red grapes and Cabernet Sauvignon and cook until the liquid reduces to half. Taste and add a touch of sugar if it is too bitter.
5. Plate the cabbage and bacon with the salmon on top. Pour the grape sauce over the salmon and garnish with thyme and serve.