- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Seared Salmon Filets with Tomato, Olive and Salsa Cruda Recipe Video
|Garlic||2 Medium, mince (for marinade)|
|Italian seasoning/Dried oregano||1 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (for marinade)|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (for marinade)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon (2 tablespoons for marinade+ 1 tablespoon for topping)|
|Salmon fillet||2 Large|
|Roma tomato||2 Cup (32 tbs), quartered (for topping)|
|Kalamata olive||2 Tablespoon, rinsed, drained, chopped (for topping)|
|Feta cheese||2 Tablespoon, crumbled (for topping)|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon (for topping)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Bunch (25 gm), chopped finely (for topping)|
|Any vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon (for frying)|
Calories 680 Calories from Fat 392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g65.6%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.3 mg
Sodium 1270.9 mg53%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 9.9 g
Protein 48 g96.1%
Vitamin A 53.6% Vitamin C 73.1%
Calcium 13.1% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Mix well.
2. Pour marinade over salmon fillets. Allow it to rest for about 30 minutes.
3. In the meantime, in a separate bowl, add tomatoes, olives, cheese, parsley, olive oil, and vinegar. Stir and set aside.
4. In a large non-stick pan, heat vegetable oil, place salmon fillets skin side down, and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Flip, and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove the skin.
6. Top salmon with tomato salsa and serve immediately.