- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Seared Monkfish with Corn Avocado Relish Recipe
|Corn ears||3 , kernels removed|
|Tomato||1 Large, diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, minced|
|Red onion||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Small, cored, seeded and diced|
|Scallions||2 , trimmed and thinly sliced|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Avocado||1 Large, diced|
|Monkfish fillets||2 Pound, membrane removed, cut into 3-inch pieces|
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.8 mg
Sodium 105.8 mg4.4%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.9%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A 28% Vitamin C 81%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450Â°F.
2) In a large bowl, combine the corn, tomato, garlic, onion, bell pepper, scallions, cilantro, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and lemon juice. Mix well.
3) Season the relish with salt and pepper.
4) Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
5) Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the avocado.
6) In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil, over medium-high heat.
7) Pat dry the monkfish, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8) In the hot oil, place 3 to 4 pieces.
9) Sear the fish on each side, until a golden crust is formed. Turn the pieces once while cooking.
10) Transfer the fish to a shallow roasting pan.
11) Repeat the same procedure for the remaining fish. Add more oil to the skillet, if required.
12) In the hot oven, place the fish.
13) Roast until the fish is just done.
14) Serve a portion of the relish, topped with 2-3 pieces of the fish.