- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savory Pan Seared Flank Steak Recipe Video
|Beef flank steak||1 Pound|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg
Sodium 546.3 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 0.81 g0.27%
Dietary Fiber 0.33 g1.3%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 24 g48.4%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees. If possible, set your rack in the center of your oven.
2. Season the steak generously with salt and pepper.
3. Heat your skillet on high heat until very hot.
4. Add the oil.
5. Place the steak in the middle of your pan and sear for 2 minutes.
6. Flip and sear for an extra 2 minutes. Both sides should be well browned.
7. Place the skillet inside the oven and cook for an extra 5 minutes for medium rare or a little longer for medium.
8. Remove the meat from the oven, or stovetop, and place on a carving board.
9. Cover it loosely with some aluminum foil and let it rest for a few minutes.
10. Cut the beef thinly and on the diagonal.
11. Use a sharp knife to have an even cut.
12. Serve it and drizzle it with chimichurri sauce.