- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Seared Chicken with Peach and Chive Pan Gravy Recipe Video
|Pure olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Wegmans)|
|Lemon & garlic marinated chicken breast||4|
|Shallots||2 Small, mince (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Sliced peaches||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Gravy||8 Ounce (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Chives||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), mince|
Calories 515 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.2 mg
Sodium 1281.1 mg53.4%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g7%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 62 g123.1%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 184.2%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 16.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedFrying pan
1. Mince the shallots and chives, set aside.
2. Preheat the olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat, until oil faintly smokes.
3. Add chicken and pan sear turn over when chicken changes color; one-quarter of way up and seared side has turned brown for about 3-4 minutes.
4. Lower the heat to medium and cook the chicken for additional 12-15 minutes or until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
5. Once done check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of chicken.
6. Once done transfer to clean plate, and place the chicken in the oven to keep warm if you want.
7. In the same pan sauté the shallots with the chicken juice, keep stirring and cooking for 2-3 minutes over medium high heat.
8. Add the peaches and caramelize the peach by cooking it for 4-5 minutes.
9. Once the peach caramelizes, add wine and deglaze to loosen the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
10. Cook about 10 min on medium low heat, until liquid is thickened and peaches are soft and browned.
11. Add gravy. Cook, stirring, until combined and heated through. Add chives.
12. Serve the chicken breast along with the peach and chive pan gravy.