- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Rolls Recipe
|Active dry yeast/Compressed yeast -2 cakes||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon (2 packages)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|All purpose flour||8 Cup (128 tbs), sifted|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6296 Calories from Fat 2060
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 234 g360.7%
Saturated Fat 139.9 g699.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 993.9 mg
Sodium 3190.9 mg133%
Total Carbohydrates 913 g304.5%
Dietary Fiber 29.4 g117.5%
Sugars 148.7 g
Protein 130 g259.3%
Vitamin A 141.8% Vitamin C 0.06%
Calcium 53% Iron 279.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To dissolve the yeast, use hot warm water (105°F. - 115°F.) for dry yeast and use lukewarm (80°F.to 90°F.) for compressed yeast.
2) After adding the yeast to the water, allow it to soak in for a few minutes and then stir till completely dissolved.
3) In a bowl, combine butter, sugar, salt and pour hot milk.
4) Allow the mixture to cool to lukewarm and then add the yeast, eggs, and half of the flour and beat well.
5) Add more flour to make a smooth dough.
6) On a flour-dusted board, knead the dough lightly.
7) Add the dough to a greased bowl and cover for 1 ½ hours, until it rises to double.
8) Turn out the dough on the board and make 50 balls.
9) Put the dough balls close together in greased baking trays.
10) Again, let it double, for 30 minutes.
11) Brush with melted butter and bake in for 20 minutes.
12) Serve warm drizzled with honey.