- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Roasted Scallops with Wild Mushrooms and Bacon Braised Cabbage Recipe Video
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 Small, dice|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, mince|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|White wine||2 Ounce|
|Tarragon leaves||1 Tablespoon, dice|
|Bacon||4 Ounce, dice|
|Cabbage||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chop|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, slice|
|Parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon, shave|
|Madeira wine||2 Ounce|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 25.2 mg
Sodium 696 mg29%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 14 g27.3%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 23.7%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 18.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saute pan, render the bacon fat and halfway through the bacon being cooked add in the chopped onion and cabbage to caramelize.
2. Once done, de-glaze with some white wine and adjust seasonings.
2. In the meantime, season the scallops with salt and pepper and saute in a pan on high heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook on all sides and set aside.
3. In the same pan, caramelize the garlic and add the mushrooms to cook.
4. Once caramelized, add Madeira wine and de-glaze.
5. Add the tarragon and let it cook for a few minutes.
6. Plate the cabbage, scallops and mushrooms in that order and garnish with Parmesan shavings and serve.