- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan-Roasted Salmon Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|For orange sauce|
|Orange||1 , zested and juiced|
|White wine||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 114.7 mg
Sodium 261.5 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.2%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 41 g81.1%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 40.4%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a plate, place the salmon steak, drizzle it with ½ of the olive oil, salt and pepper on both the sides.
2. On the cut side, sprinkle and rub coriander powder to make thin crust.
3. In a heavy bottom pan, heat remaining olive oil and place the presentation side down and let it cook until it forms light brown crust on the salmon.
4. Carefully flip the fish and let the other side cook until it completely cooked, remove and keep warm.
5. Deglaze the same pan with wine, and let it reduce by half.
6. Add in ½ of the orange juice and about ¼ teaspoon of orange zest stir well to combine.
7. Add in the butter and stir until it melts.
8. Place the salmon in a serving plate and spoon the orange sauce over it.
9. Drizzle with some of the remaining orange juice and serve.