- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Roasted Quail and Seared Foie Gras, Duck Leg Confit Recipe Video
|Pan roasted quail|
|Quail||1 Large, semi-boneless|
|Soya oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, finely minced and frozen (1 Dorot Brand Cube)|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon, finely minced and frozen (1 Dorot Brand Cube)|
|Baby bok choy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Snow pea tendril||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Smoked sea salt||1 Pinch|
|Red pepper jelly||1 Ounce|
|Sweet soy||1 Tablespoon|
|Seared foie gras, duck leg confit|
|Duck leg confit mixture||3 Ounce|
|Foie gras||3 Ounce|
|Red pepper||1 Teaspoon, finely minced and frozen (1 Dorot Brand Cube)|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, finely minced and frozen (1 Dorot Brand Cube)|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, finely minced and frozen (1 Dorot Brand Cube)|
|Persimmon slices||4 Medium (half-moon slices)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, crushed|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
Calories 801 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.1%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 349.6 mg
Sodium 808.5 mg33.7%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g70.1%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 50 g99.6%
Vitamin A 527.8% Vitamin C 351.3%
Calcium 21.5% Iron 119.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean quail, removing legs and wing tips.
2. Braise the leg meat and pull the meat apart.
3. Reduce braising liquor as desired for sauce.
4. Season a plump breast with salt and pepper and pan-sear in soya oil, baste and turn to brown evenly.
5. Make the red pepper jelly from a basic caramel with addition of spicy red pepper.
6. Prepare the slaw by finely slicing bok choy, scallions mixed with lime, cilantro and a pinch of smoked sea salt.
7. Add snow pea tendrils and mix well.
8. Discard any extra oil and add ginger (lower the heat) and cilantro and heat slightly.
9. Arrange on plate, lace with red pepper jelly and sweet soy and spoon around cilantro and ginger sauce.
RECIPE 2 - SEARED FOIE GRAS, DUCK LEG CONFIT
1. Heat duck confit in the oven.
2. Slice and arrange persimmons on the plate and season with salt and pepper.
3. Arrange plate with Dorot parsley and gooseberries.
4. Sear foie gras on one side, turn and add Dorot red pepper and garlic.
5. Arrange duck confit and grilled onion.
6. Place foie gras on top, lace the red pepper and garlic pan drippings over the dish and serve immediately.