- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Roasted Chilean Sea Bass Recipe Video
|Chilean sea bass fillet||1 Large (cut into 6 equal pieces)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Sweet butter||5 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Large, halved and thinly sliced|
|Orange||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Freshly squeezed)|
|Capers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rinsed|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finishing salt||1 Pinch (Optional)|
Calories 740 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.5%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.7 mg
Sodium 411.8 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25%
Sugars 37.5 g
Protein 16 g31.3%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 55.8%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Method for topping:
1) Start by caramelizing the onions in a large skillet,with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and 1 ½ tablespoons of the butter. Cook until golden brown.
2) Add ½ cup of the orange juice and cook for 1-2 minutes
3) Add the capers,thyme and raisins, and cook until the raisins soften. Set aside and keep warm.
Method for the fillets:
4) Meanwhile wipe your skillet clean and add the other 1 ½ tablespoons of butter and the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Get nice and hot but not smoking.
5) Pat the pieces of fish dry and coat lightly with the seasoned flour. Wiping off excess flour.
6) With the flesh side down in pan cook the fish for about 4 minutes until nicely browned.
7) Turn over and continue cooking for about 2-3 minutes or until an instant read thermometer registers between 120-130 degrees farenheit. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
Method for pan sauce:
8) In the same pan add the rest of the butter, 2 tablespoons. Breaking up the brown bits,add the remaining orange juice and white wine and reduce down.
9) Correct for seasoning, strain and pour over fish.
10) Plate the fish and top the fish off with the onion topping and garnish with thyme sprigs and finishing salt.