- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Grilled Latin-Style Tofu Recipe Video
|Firm tofu||16 Ounce|
|Shitake mushroom||2 Tablespoon, chopped without stem|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle and adobo sauce||3|
|Fresh oregano leaves||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.7%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 601.2 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.4%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 11 g22.4%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 23.6% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut the tofu into 1 inch thick slices.
2. Line a baking dish with kitchen towel and place the tofu slices on it. Then, cover it with another clean kitchen towel; set aside for the water to drain.
3. To make the marinade, in a blender container, combine mushroom, 1 tablespoon olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, water, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, chipotle pepper and oregano.
4. With immersion blender, blend the marinade ingredients until it is nearly smooth.
5. Remove the towels from the baking dish and keep the tofu slices in the same baking dish.
6. Spoon the marinade over the tofu, spread the marinade and turn the tofu to coat on both sides; let the tofu marinate for 30 minutes turning tofu now and then.
7. In a large skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium heat and place the marinated tofu in the skillet.
8. Cook the tofu for 6-8 minutes in total until brown and heated through, turning once.
9. Serve Pan Grilled Latin-style Tofu with a glass of California wine.