- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Fried Red Mullet with Basil and Citrus Recipe
|Red mullet||32 Ounce, filleted (4 Pieces About 225 Grams/8 Ounce Each)|
|Olive oil||90 Milliliter (6 Tablespoon)|
|Peppercorns||10 , crushed|
|Oranges||2 , one peeled and slice and one squeezed|
|Plain flour||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Grams/ 1 Tablespoon)|
|Canned anchovies||2 , drained and chopped|
|Shredded fresh basil||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 589 Calories from Fat 321
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.7 mg
Sodium 1079.7 mg45%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.3%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 49 g97.5%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 87.4%
Calcium 21.3% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Halve the lemon. Remove the skin and pith from one half using a small sharp knife, and slice thinly. Squeeze the juice from the other half.
3. Lift the fish out of the marinade, and pat dry on kitchen paper. Reserve the marinade and orange slices. Season the fish with salt and pepper and dust lightly with flour.
4. Heat 45 ml / 3 tbsp of the marinade in a hying pan. Add the fish and fry for 2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm. Discard the marinade that is left in the pan.
5. Melt the butter in the pan with any of the remaining original marinade. Add the anchovies and cook until completely softened.
6. Stir in the orange and lemon juice, then check the seasoning and simmer until slightly reduced. Stir in the basil. Pour the sauce over the fish and garnish with the reserved orange slices and the lemon slices.