- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan Fried Calves Liver with Thyme Recipe
|Calves liver slices||14 Ounce|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon, seasoned|
|Butter/Margarine||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Dried thyme||3⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Dry sherry||3 Tablespoon|
|Lime rind/Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lime juice/Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Lime slices/Lemon slices||1|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1155 Calories from Fat 623
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 70 g107.8%
Saturated Fat 22 g109.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.4 mg
Sodium 701.1 mg29.2%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 91 g181.9%
Vitamin A 25.3% Vitamin C 39%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 26.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the thick liver into 2 thin slices.
2) Coat the liver slices with seasoned flour.
3) In a frying pan, melt the fat.
4) Add thyme followed by liver.
5) Fry the liver from both sides until fully cooked and well sealed.
6) Avoid over cooking.
7) In two plates, transfer the cooked liver and keep it warm.
8) In the heated pan, add sherry along with lime rind and lime juice.
9) Heat the liquid well until it bubbles.
10) Season the sauce well according to the taste.
11) Pour it over the liver.
12) Serve the liver warm along with lime slices and thyme on the side.