- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pan cooked Chicken with Thai Spices Recipe
|Kaffir lime leaves||4|
|Ginger root piece||2 Inch, peeled and chopped|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint, boiling (300 Milliliter)|
|Chicken breasts||24 Ounce (Four 175 Gram/ 6 Ounce Each Pieces)|
|Groundnut oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut milk||5 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Red chilies||2 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Thai jasmine rice||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly chopped coriander||3 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1998 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.1%
Saturated Fat 20.6 g103%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 401.8 mg
Sodium 2377.7 mg99.1%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g71.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.4%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 184 g367.5%
Vitamin A 88.3% Vitamin C 114.6%
Calcium 26.7% Iron 47.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Meanwhile, cut each chicken breast into two pieces. Heat the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan or flameproof casserole and brown the chicken pieces for 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Strain the infused chicken stock into the pan. Half cover the pan with a lid and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce and chopped chillies. Simmer, uncovered for 5-6 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through and the sauce has reduced slightly.
5. Meanwhile, cook the rice in boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain the rice thoroughly.
6. Stir the lime juice and chopped coriander into the sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the chicken and sauce on a bed of rice. Garnish with wedges of lime and freshly chopped coriander and serve immediately.