- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Summer Rolls (Goi Cuon) Recipe Video
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lean pork||8 Ounce, cut into strips|
|Fresh prawns||300 Gram (12 medium)|
|Dried rice paper wrappers||200 Gram (12-8 inches/20 cm in diameter)|
|Lettuce head||1 Small, leaves washed separated, dried (butter lettuce)|
|Dried rice vermicelli||4 Ounce|
|Baby cucumber||1 , quartered, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||1 Small, grated|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Mint leaves||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Scallion/Chive||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|For peanut sauce|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Hoisin sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crunchy peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime||1 , juice extracted|
|Fish sauce||To Taste|
Calories 678 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39 mg13%
Sodium 1655.2 mg69%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.4%
Dietary Fiber 9 g35.9%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 38 g76.6%
Vitamin A 270% Vitamin C 74.6%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 25.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine water, peanut butter, hoisin sauce, sriracha sauce, lime juice, and fish sauce. Mix well.
2. In a large pot, boil water, drop spring onion and pork in it. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until done.
3. Remove pork from pan and set aside to cool. Slice beef into thin strips.
4. Bring the same water to boil, drop prawns and poach for 1-2 minutes or until just cooked.
5. Take prawns out of the pot and plunge in cold water to stop cooking. Peel, de-vein, and halve each prawn lengthwise. Set aside.
6. Next, in the same water blanch vermicelli for 1-2 minutes or until soft. Rinse in cold water. Drain and set aside.
7. Take a bowl of water, and dip whole rice paper wrapper in it until soft.
8. Place wet wrapper on dry surface. Smooth it out with fingers.
9. Place a lettuce leaf on the wrapper, closest to the edge nearest to you.
10. Top lettuce leaf with vermicelli, pork strips, cucumber, and carrot.
11. Fold and wrap over filling. Fold the sides and roll up halfway.
12. Place 2 prawn pieces along the roll side by side.
13. Top it with cilantro and roll it tight. Repeat for other wrappers.
14. Place summer rolls on serving platter and serve with sauce.