- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mussels with Black Bean and Coriander Recipe Video
|Peanut oil/Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salted black beans||2 Tablespoon, rinsed, mashed (canned)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Red chili||2 , finely chopped (fresh, or more to taste)|
|Fresh cilantro roots||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Chinese rice wine/Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roughly chopped|
Calories 285 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.5 mg21.2%
Sodium 690.1 mg28.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.7%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 29 g57.5%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 83.7%
Calcium 12% Iron 59.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. With a stiff brush, scrub and remove dirt and grit from the mussels. Remove beards and discard open mussels that don’t close when tapped.
2. Place a large, deep lidded pan on low flame and heat oil in it.
3. Drop black beans, garlic, ginger, red chili, and coriander root in the pan. Stir, and sauté for about 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
4. Turn the heat to high and pour wine in it.
5. Add half the mussels. Spread them in a single layer. Cover with lid, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the mussels open. Discard any mussels that do not open.
6. Into a serving bowl, transfer the mussels. Cook the other half in the remaining gravy.
7. Now again transfer mussels to a serving bowl, leaving the cooking liquid in the pan.
8. Add lime juice, sugar, and coriander leaves in the pan. Stir and cook for 30 seconds.
9. Pour the sauce over the mussels.
10. Serve mussels hot with rice.