- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Moqueca de Peixe Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||1 Small, chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm) (or more to taste)|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Firm white fish||2 1⁄2 Pound (grouper, halibut, or cod)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Tomatoes||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Habanero pepper||1 , sliced (Optional)|
|Coconut milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (unsweetened)|
|Vegetable oil/Palm oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1585 Calories from Fat 931
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 107 g163.9%
Saturated Fat 37.9 g189.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 294.8 mg
Sodium 1496.5 mg62.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.6 g42.2%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 121 g242.2%
Vitamin A 44.8% Vitamin C 104.9%
Calcium 20% Iron 44.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and pat fish dry. Cut fish into chunks and place them in a shallow glass casserole.
2. In blender, add tomato, small onion, cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Puree until smooth.
3. Pour lemon juice in blender and mix well.
4. Into the glass casserole, transfer the mixture. Mix well and let it marinate in refrigerator for about 2 hours. Turn the fish occasionally.
5. Place a large skillet or clay pot on low heat, pour oil and drop marinated fish in it.
6. Lay tomato, habanero, and onion slices on top of fish. Drizzle oil and pour coconut milk in skillet. Cover and cook fish for about 6-10 minutes or until done.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve fish hot over white rice.