- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
North Indian Mixed Vegetable Curry Recipe Video
|Green chili||3 , slit lengthwise|
|Carrot||2 Medium, diced|
|Potato||1 Large, peeled, diced|
|Pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Cauliflower florets||2 Cup (32 tbs), separated into florets|
|French beans||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut into 1-inch pieces|
|Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
|Cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Dried fenugreek leaves||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Curry leaves||5 Gram (1 sprig) (Optional)|
|Coriander leaves||3 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|For tomato sauce|
|Ginger paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic paste||3 Tablespoon|
|Peeled tomatoes||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Chili powder||3 Teaspoon (2-3)|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.9 mg
Sodium 278.1 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.7%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 6 g11.9%
Vitamin A 140.7% Vitamin C 94.7%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For sauce, place a wok or saucepan over flame and heat butter or oil in it.
2. Drop ginger and garlic paste. Stir fry, and then add fresh tomatoes, salt, and chili powder. Cook until soft.
3. Pour canned tomatoes and water in wok. Cover with lid. Let the sauce simmer for about 15 minutes or until soft and mushy. Turn off the heat, and let it cool.
4. With blender, puree sauce until smooth.
5. Place a separate wok on flame, heat oil and drop chilies in it. Saute.
6. Add curry leaves, diced carrots, potatoes, and tomato sauce. Mix well. Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Drop pumpkin, cauliflower, beans, and peas. Mix well. Add water, if required. Simmer for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through.
8. Add cream, dried fenugreek leaves, and coriander. Mix to combine.
9. Taste and season with salt.
10. Serve mixed vegetable curry hot with rice or chapatis.
You can also use asparagus instead of peas.