- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kerala Lamb Recipe Video
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||7 Ounce, chopped finely|
|Ground coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lamb||1 1⁄4 Pound, boned and cubed|
|For spice paste|
|Grated coconut/Desiccated coconut||4 Ounce|
|Ginger||10 Gram, sliced (1-inch piece)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped|
|Cinnamon stick||5 Gram (1-inch stick)|
|Curry leaves||5 Gram (10)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Black mustard seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Green chili||2 , slit lengthwise (or to taste)|
Calories 630 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.6%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g103.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 93.5 mg
Sodium 203 mg8.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.6%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 29 g58.9%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 33.6%
Calcium 9.6% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For spice paste, in a pan, add coconut, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, curry leaves, and peppercorns. Dry roast for 5 minutes or until coconut in browned. Let it cool.
2. Put roasted spices into the food processor. Gradually pour a cup of water, and grind to make a fine paste.
3. Place a large pot on flame, and heat vegetable oil in it.
4. Add shallots, and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
5. Drop the spice paste, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, and salt. Give it a good stir.
6. Pour 1 2/3 cup of water. Stir and bring it to a boil.
7. Throw lamb pieces into the pot. Mix well. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 30 minutes or until done.
8. For tempering, in another pan, heat oil and add mustard seeds. Let it crackle.
9. Add curry leaves, and green chilies. Stir fry for a minute.
10.Pour tempering into the lamb curry. Stir, and continue cooking for about 5-10 minutes or until gravy is rich and thick.
11. Serve lamb curry hot with paratha, and salad.