- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fried Clams in Roasted Chili Paste Recipe Video
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Clams||1 1⁄4 Pound, cleaned (in shell)|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Red chili/Green chili||5 , sliced lengthwise (fresh)|
|Roasted chili paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Thai basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (one handfull)|
|For roasted chili paste|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shallot||8 , slice|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), slice|
|Dried prawns||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried red chilies||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Palm sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Fish sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Tamarind juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (1/4-1/2)|
Calories 3143 Calories from Fat 2415
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 273 g419.9%
Saturated Fat 34.8 g173.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 818.2 mg
Sodium 7294 mg303.9%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 11.2 g44.7%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 124 g247.7%
Vitamin A 139% Vitamin C 191.7%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 234.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To clean, scrub clams with a light brush, and then soak them in 4 quarts of water mixed with 1/3 cup of salt for 15 min. Repeat 2-3 times.
2. For roasted chili paste, in wok heat oil, add shallots and garlic in it. Fry until golden brown. Remove from oil and let it drain.
3. In the same wok, put prawns and chilies. Fry until golden brown. Transfer it to a paper towel and let it drain.
4. In food processor, add dried prawns, garlic, chilies, shallots, and sugar. Blend well.
5. Throw fish sauce, tamarind juice, salt, and fried cooled oil from wok into the processor. Blend to form a paste. Set aside.
6. Place a separate wok on flame, and heat oil in it.
7. Drop clams, and garlic. Stir, and cook until the clams open slightly.
8. Throw fresh chilies, roasted chili paste, and soy sauce. Mix well.
9. Pour chicken stock and stir.
10. Sprinkle with basil leaves, and mix well.
11. Serve fried clams over hot rice.