- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Eggplant Curry Recipe Video
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Green chiles||3 , slice|
|Curry leaves||10 Gram (1 sprig)|
|Cinnamon stick||5 Gram|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon (raw)|
|Cayenne pepper||2 Teaspoon (1-2)|
|Brown mustard||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Coconut milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Ginger||15 Gram, peeled (2-inch piece)|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 731 Calories from Fat 648
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.5%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 617.1 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.6%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 24% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 14.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash eggplant and cut it into 2-inch long strips.
2. Sprinkle salt and turmeric on eggplant strips. Rub to coat well.
3. In a deep fryer, heat oil, drop eggplant, and deep fry until golden brown. Remove from wok, and let it drain on paper towel. Set aside.
4. For spice paste, in food processor, add garlic, ginger, sugar, salt, apple cider vinegar, and water. Blend well.
5. Place a pan on flame, and heat oil in it.
6. Drop onions, green chilies, and curry leaves. Saute until onions are translucent.
7. Throw cinnamon, cloves, curry powder, cayenne powder, turmeric, and ground mustard seeds. Mix to incorporate.
8. Reduce the heat , and drop fried eggplants in pan.
9. Pour coconut milk, and sprinkle salt to taste. Mix well. Allow it to simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
10. Throw curry paste and more green chilies, if desired.
11. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
12. Serve eggplant curry with rice, dal, and sauteed greens.