- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Dry-Fried Chicken Recipe Video
|Celery stalks||2 , sliced into 1/2-inch pieces|
|Chicken meat||1 Pound (thigh or breast, preferably on bone)|
|Scallion||3 , sliced diagonally|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried chilies||8 (6-8)|
|Whole peppercorn||1 Teaspoon (Sichuan)|
|Chili bean paste||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shaoxing wine||1 Tablespoon (or medium dry sherry)|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 841 Calories from Fat 604
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.1%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 170.1 mg56.7%
Sodium 520.5 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 44 g87.9%
Vitamin A 35.6% Vitamin C 17.3%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash chicken and cut it into 1-inch pieces.
2. Place a wok on flame, and heat oil in it until smoky.
3. Drop chicken pieces, and stir fry over high heat for 4-5 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
4. Reduce the flame to medium, and throw chilies, and Sichuan pepper in it. Stir and fry until fragrant.
5. Add chili bean paste, rice wine, soy sauce, and salt. Turn down the heat to low. Stir, and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until chicken is dry, toasty, and fragrant.
6. Throw celery, and scallions in wok. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes or until tender.
7. Taste and season it with salt.
8. Remove the wok from heat, and pour sesame oil in it. Mix well.
9. Serve dry fried chicken with hot rice.