- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paleo Magazine - Skirt Steak Fajitas Recipe Video
|Skirt steak||1 Pound|
|For the fajita vegetable|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded, and thinly sliced|
|Yellow pepper||1 , seeded, and thinly sliced|
|Vadalia onions||1 , thinly sliced|
|Baby bella mushrooms||2 Cup (32 tbs), slice|
|Coconut oil||1 Tablespoon (Organic)|
|For the marinade|
|Chipotle chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Regular salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), mince|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|For the guacamole|
|Avocado (without seed)||1 Medium|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|For the garnish|
|Lime||1 Small, slice|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely|
Calories 397 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.5%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg20%
Sodium 1139.2 mg47.5%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.6%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 39.6% Vitamin C 198.5%
Calcium 5% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedZip lock bag
cast iron skillet
1. Clean and remove any silver skin from the skirt steak, rinse under cool water and pat dry
2. Place steak in a 1-gallon zip lock bag and set aside.
3. In a small mixing bowl, lime juice, salt, pepper, chipotle, cumin, and garlic.
4. Pour marinade over steak, seal bag, and toss to evenly coat the entire skirt steak.
5. Marinate the steak up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
6. Slice the portabella mushrooms, onions keep it aside.
7. Thinly slice the yellow bell pepper and red bell pepper, keep it aside.
8. Chop the parsley and slice the lime, keep aside.
9. Remove steak from the refrigerator and bring up to room temperature.
10. Preheat grill to 500°F prior to cooking the steak.
11. In a hot skillet sauté the sliced onion and both the peppers in coconut oil on medium heat.
12. Add the salt and cracked pepper, and sauté until onions are translucent and peppers have softened.
13. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for few more minutes turn off the heat and let the vegetables rest in the hot skillet.
14. In a bowl combine scoop out the avocado flesh, smash it with a fork until smooth, add salt and pepper and flour, combine everything well.
15. Start grilling the steak 3-4 minutes per side, once done allow it to rest for 5 minutes and then cut the steaks in thin strips.
16. Turn on the oven to broil at 500 degree F.
17. Place the skillet with the vegetables on the top rack and broil the vegetables for 3-5 minutes.
18. Serve steak topped with vegetables, and with a side of guacamole and slice of lime, sprinkle parsley and serve hot.
You can use olive oil instead of coconut oil, to saute the fajita vegetables.