- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Palak Pulao (Spinach Rice Pilaf) Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Basmati rice/Long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh baby spinach||6 Ounce|
Calories 311 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 287.4 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 62.5% Vitamin C 26.4%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add rice and stir occasionally until rice turns whitish, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add water and ¼ teaspoon salt and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer, then cover the pot tightly with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes, or until all the water is absorbed.
4. While the rice is cooking, melt the remaining half of the butter in another pan over medium heat. Add the cumin and coriander. Stir occasionally until spices being to sizzle and give off an aroma.
5. Add chopped spinach and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Stir occasionally until spinach cooks down, about 5 minutes.
6. When rice is done cooking, remove from heat and set aside (keep lid on) for about 10 minutes to allow rice to set.
7. Add spinach to rice and mix to combine.