- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paksiw na Pata Recipe Video
|Pork leg||2 Pound, slice (crosswise)|
|Crushed garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Banana blossoms||100 Gram, soaked in water for 1 hour, drained well (Dried)|
|Bay leaves||5 Small|
|Whole pepper corns||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.8%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1930 mg80.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.58 g2.3%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 40 g80.8%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pot
1. In pot pour water bring it to a boil.
2. Add the whole pepper corn and bay leaves.
3. Add soy sauce and garlic, stir and let it boil again.
4. Add pork legs and simmer everything for 1 – 1 ½ hour.
5. Add the vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes
6. Add the soaked banana blossoms in and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes
7. Add the brown sugar and salt and simmer for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
8. Serve with steamed rice
If cooking in pressure cooker cook the pork for 30 minutes.