- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spaghetti with Shrimp, Bacon, Garlic and Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Bacon fat||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), mince|
|Tomatoes||3 Medium, cubed|
|Frozen shrimps||1⁄2 Pound|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 654 Calories from Fat 177
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.3%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.4 mg
Sodium 533.6 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 2.6 g
Protein 34 g67.8%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 23.4%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needwok
1. Mince the garlic, cut the tomatoes in cubes, set aside.
2. Clean, shell the shrimps set aside.
3. Cook the pasta as per manufacturer direction.
4. In a pan fry the bacon until it is crispy, once done crumble the bacon into small pieces.
5. In a wok pour the rendered bacon fat and sauté the garlic until brown.
6. Add tomatoes, sauté until cooked and soft.
7. Add shrimp and cook until shrimp turns pink, add cooked spaghetti.
8. Mix until spaghetti noodles are coated well with tomatoes sauce.
9. Add crushed bacon and grated parmesan cheese. Toss well.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Serve the spaghetti with shrimp, bacon, garlic and tomatoes.
If you want, you can add garlic powder if you want a more garlic-y taste. If you have no fresh garlic, you can just use garlic powder.
You can add fresh sliced basil leaves. This gives the sauce a kick.
You can replace shrimps with scallops or calamari if you wish.