- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paella Mediterranean Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Salad oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Mushroom crowns||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Pound (Peeled)|
|Green peas||1 Pound|
|Mussels/Clams||1 1⁄2 Pound (In Shells)|
|Minced clam||8 Ounce|
|Pre cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 946 Calories from Fat 278
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.5%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 337.3 mg
Sodium 1532.7 mg63.9%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 96 g192%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 71.5%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 72.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan cover chicken giblets, neck and back with water and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Measure 4 cups broth and keep aside.
3. Sprinkle remaining chicken with half the salt and brown lightly in oil.
4. Add celery and onions and cook about 5 minutes.
5. Cube ham and add.
6. Drain liquid from mushrooms and add to broth with remaining salt, saffron and Tabasco.
7. Add to chicken mixture with mushrooms, shrimp, peas and mussels and bring to boil.
8. Sprinkle in rice and toss until rice is dampened.
9. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
10. Serve the paella with garnish as desired.