- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paella Mediterranean Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Mushroom crowns||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Pound (Peeled)|
|Green peas||1 Pound|
|Mussels/Clams||1 1⁄2 Pound (In Shells)|
|Minced clam||8 Ounce|
|Pre cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 924 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.3%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g41.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.9 mg
Sodium 1363.4 mg56.8%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 92 g183.5%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 68.8%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 59.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan cover chicken giblets, neck and back with water and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Measure 4 cups broth and keep aside.
3. Sprinkle remaining chicken with half the salt and brown lightly in oil.
4. Add celery and onions and cook about 5 minutes.
5. Cube ham and add.
6. Drain liquid from mushrooms and add to broth with remaining salt, saffron and Tabasco.
7. Add to chicken mixture with mushrooms, shrimp, peas and mussels and bring to boil.
8. Sprinkle in rice and toss until rice is dampened.
9. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
10. Serve the paella with garnish as desired.