- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paella Mediterranean Recipe
|Chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Cooked ham||1⁄2 Pound|
|Mushroom crowns||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cooked shrimp||1 Pound (Peeled)|
|Green peas||1 Pound|
|Mussels/Clams||1 1⁄2 Pound (In Shells)|
|Minced clam||8 Ounce|
|Pre cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 988 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.2%
Saturated Fat 11.1 g55.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.2 mg76.1%
Sodium 1887.3 mg78.6%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 87 g174.3%
Vitamin A 23.5% Vitamin C 74.8%
Calcium 10.6% Iron 60.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan cover chicken giblets, neck and back with water and simmer for 1 hour.
2. Measure 4 cups broth and keep aside.
3. Sprinkle remaining chicken with half the salt and brown lightly in oil.
4. Add celery and onions and cook about 5 minutes.
5. Cube ham and add.
6. Drain liquid from mushrooms and add to broth with remaining salt, saffron and Tabasco.
7. Add to chicken mixture with mushrooms, shrimp, peas and mussels and bring to boil.
8. Sprinkle in rice and toss until rice is dampened.
9. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
10. Serve the paella with garnish as desired.