- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Assorted seafood||4 Ounce (Lobster, Shrimps and Mussels combined)|
|Whole black pepper||1|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Chicken||2 Ounce, cut in strips|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Ground coriander||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Tomato juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Rice||6 Ounce (Nice)|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Saffron/Yellow food colouring- few drops||1 Pinch|
|Canned peas||2 Ounce, drained|
|Pimientos||2 , cut in strips|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 977 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.3 mg
Sodium 320.5 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 166 g55.2%
Dietary Fiber 11.1 g44.4%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 59 g118.9%
Vitamin A 137.8% Vitamin C 474.5%
Calcium 32.7% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean the lobster and remove the shell.
2) Shell, wash and devein the prawns.
3) Scratch the mussels with knife to clean.
4) In a mortar place together, pepper and garlic and crush until coarse.
5) Add oregano, salt and vinegar to the garlic mixture, and mix well.
6) In a bowl, mix together chicken and garlic mixture.
7) In a non-stick pan brown the chicken slightly.
8) Add green pepper and coriander to the chicken.
9) Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
10) Stir in tomato juice, rice and parsley stirring continuously for 5 minutes.
11) Pour in boiling water, saffron and shrimps and stir.
12) Put the lid on and cook on medium heat for 10 minutes until dry.
13) While the rice is cooking stir frequently.
14) Add lobster, peas and pimientos, put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes more or until lobster is tender.
15) In a saucepan, stem the mussels with ½ cup of water until all the shells are opened.
16) Discard the mussels, which are not opened.
17) Serve the hot Paella on a warm plate and top with mussels, sprinkle parsley and serve a lemon wedge on side if desired.