- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
All-Meat Paella Recipe
|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Loin pork||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Veal||1 Pound, sliced|
|Chicken livers||1⁄4 Pound|
|Chorizo sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned pimentos||2 , cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, sliced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Chicken broth||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Shrimp||1⁄2 Pound, deveined|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pepper red||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Frozen green peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 189
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.8%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91.5 mg
Sodium 618.6 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 22 g43.2%
Vitamin A 20.2% Vitamin C 43.7%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a flat, round pan, heat 1/2 cup of oil.
2) Saute pork until it turns deep brown. Remove and keep aside.
3) Saute chicken, veal and chicken livers, separately, until well browned. Remove and keep aside.
4) Next, saute sausage, remove and keep aside.
5) In the same oil, wilt peppers and mushrooms. Remove and keep aside.
6) Clean the pan well.
7) In the same pan, add 1/2 cup of oil.
8) To the hot oil, add garlic, onion, saffron and oregano, stirring well.
9) Saute for 5 minutes, stirring often.
10) To this, add broth, pork, chicken, sausage, veal, livers, peppers, pimentos, mushrooms, shrimp and rice.
11) Bring the mixture to a boil.
12) With salt and pepper, season the mix.
13) Reduce heat and simmer again for 10 minutes.
14) Gradually add peas and simmer for 15 to 25 more minutes, stirring gently few times.
15) Paella is traditionally eaten from the pan.