- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pad Thai Part 1 Recipe Video
|Rice noodles||7 Ounce, soaked in water for 20 minutes (1/8 inch wide)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Pressed tofu||2 Large, cut into bite size pieces (bean curd)|
|Garlic chives||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut into 2 inch long pieces|
|Bean sprouts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dried shrimp||2 Tablespoon|
|Roasted peanuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), crushed or chopped|
|Shrimps||8 Large, peeled, deveined, tail removed or left|
|Lime||1 Large (for serving)|
|Palm sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fish sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tamarind paste||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1142 Calories from Fat 332
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.7%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.6 mg57.5%
Sodium 5139.1 mg214.1%
Total Carbohydrates 159 g52.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.1%
Sugars 58.8 g
Protein 53 g105.1%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 76.1%
Calcium 91.9% Iron 62.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the noodles in warm tap water for 20 minutes before cooking it.
2. In a flat pan, take fish sauce, palm sugar, and tamarind paste and add 1 tablespoon of water to it.
3. Chop the onion, crush the peanuts, mince the garlic, cut the bean curd into pieces, and chop the garlic chives.
4. Place the pan containing sauce ingredients over the gas top and let it for a while until sauce is just thick but not dry.
5. In a saucepan of boiling water, put the rice noodles and let boil for 4 minutes depending on the chewiness of the noodles you like.
6. Heat cooking oil in a wok over medium or medium high heat.
7. Add the garlic and the shallots and fry until onion is translucent.
8. Add dried shrimps and toss it around.
9. Add the unbeaten eggs and after few seconds scramble it to get a marbled effect.
10. Add the tofu and shrimps; toss it around but do not cook the shrimps.
11. Turn off the stove if noodles are not ready.
12. When the noodle is ready, toss the noodles in the wok and toss it over high heat.
13. Add the sauce and toss until sauce is well absorbed.
14. Finally add the peanuts and mix well.
15. Add the veggies and toss using a pair of tong.
16. Serve Pad Thai in a plate, make sure the shrimps are showing on the top.
17. Serve with a slice of lime.