- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pacifica Patio Burgers Recipe
|Ground beef/Lamb||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Small, grated|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Processed swiss cheese slice||3 , cut into thin strips|
|Split hamburger buns||4 , toasted and buttered|
|Mayonnaise/Salad dressing||2 Tablespoon|
|Thick tomato slices||4|
|Red pepper relish||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Calories 741 Calories from Fat 536
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.9%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 129.8 mg
Sodium 838.3 mg34.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 34 g68.7%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 6% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Combine together ground beef lightly with onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
2) Figure the mixture into 4 patties about 1 inch thick.
3) Cook the patties under grill over hot coals until meat is cooked to desired doneness.
4) Place strips of cheese on top of patties in a crisscross style, dividing them evenly.
5) Again grill for 1 minute more until cheese melts.
6) Sprinkle tomato slices with mayonnaise or salad dressing.
7) Place lettuce on bottom halves of buns and then top it with tomato slices.
8) Place a broiled meat patty on top of this.
9) Serve the burgers at once with remaining bun halves, garnishing with a few onion rings and a generous spoonful of red-pepper relish.