- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pabda Macher Sorshe Bata Recipe
|Pabda fish||4 Medium|
|Mustard seeds||2 Tablespoon, soaked and ground in a paste|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mustard oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.4%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.6 mg12.2%
Sodium 125.9 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 12 g24.8%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 32.2%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 10%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Thoroughly wash the pabda fish and drain.
2) Season the fish with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder. Thoroughly rub all over the surface.
3) Add few drops of oil on the fish, to prevent bursting while frying.
4) In a non-stick skillet, add the mustard oil.
5) Place over heat and allow the oil to get sufficiently hot.
6) Carefully place the fish to fry. Reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid, to safeguard from bursting of oil.
7) Transfer the fish on a plate. Repeat the process with remaining fish.
8) In the same oil add the black cumin seeds and green chilies to sauté for 2 minutes.
9) In a bowl, dilute the mustard paste with little water by adding the turmeric powder and pour this into the skillet.
10) Add the fried fish and allow to simmer for 5 minutes or until it reaches the desired consistency.
11) Adjust seasoning to taste.
12) Serve the Pabda machher sorshe bata with warm rice.