- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Paal Ada Pradhaman Recipe
|Rice flour||250 Gram|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter||1 1⁄8 Tablespoon (1 1/2 Dessertspoon)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cashewnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), fried in ghee / butter|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), fried in ghee / butter|
Calories 2251 Calories from Fat 432
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.1%
Saturated Fat 24.8 g124.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.1 mg
Sodium 405.6 mg16.9%
Total Carbohydrates 427 g142.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g19%
Sugars 316.9 g
Protein 44 g87.3%
Vitamin A 24.6% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 116.9% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Pour spoonfuls of the batter on to 6" square banana leaves and swirl to spread evenly.
3. Roll up the leaves and drop them into boiling water.
4. Cook for 10 minutes and remove from the water.
5. Cool and unroll the leaves. Drop the 'ada' (steamed pancakes) into a large vessel.
6. Chop the ada into small pieces.
7. Heat butter in a large heavy-bottomed vessel and lightly saute the ada in it.
8. Mix the milk, water and sugar together. Add gradually to the sauted ada and cook well, stirring all the time till it thickens.
9. Add the powdered cardamom, cashewnuts and raisins. Stir well.