- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oysters with Saffron Sauce In Pastry Recipe
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped shallots||2 Tablespoon|
|Saffron powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||4 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Scallops||4 Large, sliced|
|Fresh oysters||1 Cup (16 tbs), opened and cut in small pieces|
|Baked pastry shells||4|
|Whipping cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 2860 Calories from Fat 354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 195 g300%
Saturated Fat 24.1 g120.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.2 mg
Sodium 483.9 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 222 g74%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 60 g119.6%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 7.2% Iron 38.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, put white wine, saffron and shallots. Boil and reduce to about half of the original volume.
2) Add the scallops, mushrooms and oysters and season with salt and pepper. Cook over low flame for about 3 minutes but do not boil.
3) With a slotted spoon, take out the oysters, mushrooms and scallops. Put them into warm pastry shells.
4) To the saucepan, add the cream. Boil it and reduce for some minutes.
5) Remove pan from the heat and add the butter. Swirl the pan till the butter has completely melted.
6) With salt and pepper, correct the seasoning and pour the mixture into the pastry shells all over the oysters, mushrooms and scallops.
7) Serve immediately.