- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oysters St Jacques Recipe
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm)|
|Garlic cloves||4 Small, peeled|
|Oysters||2 Pint, undrained (Select Brand)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1789 Calories from Fat 540
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.4%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g113.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 964.1 mg
Sodium 4507.4 mg187.8%
Total Carbohydrates 163 g54.3%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.1%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 142 g284.2%
Vitamin A 218.1% Vitamin C 302.2%
Calcium 93.9% Iron 348.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat oven by setting it to 375°F
2) Take a processor bowl and position the knife in it.
3) Place 4 bread pieces at a time into the bowl and process until it is reduced to crumbs.
4) Keep 2 cups of the bread crumbs aside.
5) Take ½ a bunch of parsley and dry them after washing.
6) Remove the leaves from stem.
7) Process the parsley leaves 4-5 times chopping them evenly.
8) Place in mixing bowl and keep aside.
9) Mince the garlic cloves by running them through the food chute of the processor for 3-5 seconds.
10) Add the minced garlic to chopped parsley leaves.
11) Remove almost all of the green onions retaining only 3 inches from the top.
12) Cut the onions into 1 inch pieces.
13) Chop them with the help of a food processor by pulsing it for 3-4 times, scraping the bowl as it gets done.
14) Add the onions to the bowl of parsley.
15) Remove all shells from the oyster.
16) Take a saucepan and cook the oysters along with the oyster liquid for 3-5 minutes or until the oyster edges get curled.
17) Drain the oysters retaining ¼ cup and a tablespoon of oyster liquid.
18) Place oysters on paper towels to cool after patting them dry. Keep them aside.
19) Take a bowl and mix the retained oyster juice along with 1 2/3 cup of bread crumbs with the aid of a fork. Keep aside.
20) Chop the oysters in the food processor by pulsing 2-3 times taking care not to over do the processing.
21) Take a bowl and mix the parsley mixture, bread crumb mixture, oysters, salt, eggs, cayenne, thyme and pepper well.
22) Take 8 ramekins or baking shells and add a spoon of the mixture to each.
23) Take a baking pan of dimensions 15- x 10- x 1 inch and place the ramekins or baking shells in it.
24) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and 1/3 cup of the breadcrumbs and dot each ramekin or shell with butter.
25) Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes or until the mixture turns light brown and bubbly.
26) Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs before serving.