- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Oysters Rockefeller Recipe
|Spinach||1⁄2 Pound, washed well and drained|
|Celery stalks||1 1⁄2|
|Parsley||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1/2 Bunch)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fine bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Anchovy paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Tabasco sauce||3 Dash (Few Dashes)|
|Absinthe/Pernod||1 Ounce (2 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3146 Calories from Fat 1954
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 222 g340.8%
Saturated Fat 124.1 g620.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1255.9 mg
Sodium 3322.6 mg138.4%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.1%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 163 g326.9%
Vitamin A 1049.7% Vitamin C 510.7%
Calcium 74% Iron 514.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2) Finely chop or grind the celery, spinach, scallions, lettuce, garlic and parsley together.
3) Melt the butter and combine with the greens, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, anchovy paste, Tabasco, Pernod and salt. Blend well and chill until required.
4) Spoon the mixture over each oyester shell placed over a bed of rock salt in a baking pan.
5) Bake in the preheated oven until the mixture is thoroughly heated.
6) Serve immediately.