- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oysters A La Carnival Recipe
|Onions||3 , minced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Toasted bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oyster shells||1 Dozen|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2639 Calories from Fat 1004
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.1%
Saturated Fat 46.3 g231.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1206.2 mg
Sodium 2675.4 mg111.5%
Total Carbohydrates 185 g61.5%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.6%
Sugars 20.5 g
Protein 214 g428.1%
Vitamin A 153.2% Vitamin C 348.1%
Calcium 42.7% Iron 629.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Shell the oysters and reserve the shells and liquid.
2. Chop the oysters.
3. Boil the shells and scrub clean. Keep aside for serving.
4. Preheat the oven to 400-425°F.
5. In a large skillet, melt the lard over a medium low flame.
6. Add the onion, garlic, bay lead and thyme and sauté until the onions are soft.
7. Add the chopped oysters and reserved liquid and sauté for 30 minutes until oyster mixture is free of moisture.
8. Add butter and crumbs to the mixture and sauté well.
9. On a baking sheet, arrange the oyster shells.
10. Spoon the mixture into each shell.
11. Combine the bread crumbs and butter.
12. Sprinkle over the oysters.
13. Just before serving, bake in preheated oven for a few minutes lightly browned.
14. Arrange on a serving platter and serve immediately with lemon wedges on the side.