- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oyster-Milk Toast Recipe
|Oysters||1 Quart, shucked|
|Full fat milk||1 Quart, scalded|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttered whole wheat toast points||3 (For Serving)|
|Paprika||To Taste (For Garnish)|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.7 mg
Sodium 565.2 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 8.8 g
Protein 21 g42.2%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 19.4% Iron 45.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean the oysters and strain liquid.
2) Take a saucepan and heat milk in it right before chafing time. Be careful not to scorch it.
3) Take a blazer pan and combine in it butter, seasonings and oysters with liquid.
4) Place the pan over hot water and cook until oyster begins to curl at the edges.
5) Stir in hot milk and cook for about 1 minute.
6) Serve over toast points in individual soup bowls and garnish with paprika.