- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oyster Stuffing Recipe
|Oysters with liquid||1 Pint|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||15 Ounce|
|Onions||2 , chopped|
|Celery stalks||4 , sliced|
|Chopped parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|White wine/Stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3352 Calories from Fat 1847
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 210 g323%
Saturated Fat 122.3 g611.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 727.7 mg
Sodium 3598 mg149.9%
Total Carbohydrates 278 g92.6%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.1%
Sugars 34 g
Protein 86 g171.2%
Vitamin A 229.8% Vitamin C 243.1%
Calcium 94.7% Iron 247.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare oysters in their own salty juice (or buy readymade).
2) Cut the oysters in half, if too long.
3) From two-day old loaf, prepare breadcrumbs.
4) In a skillet, melt butter and cook onions and celery until soft and light golden brown.
5) Add to breadcrumbs, with chopped herbs and seasoning, lemon juice and the oysters.
6) If the mixture is too dry, a little white wine or stock may be added, but it must not be too soft.
7) Use the oyster stuffing to fill the turkey.
8) Fill the stuffing in the turkey cavity and secure tightly before grilling.