- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oyster Stew Recipe
|Oysters with liquid||6|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Msg)|
|Bon appetit||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper/Black pepper||1 Dash|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (If Preferred, Use Part Cream)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.1%
Saturated Fat 21 g104.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 215.5 mg71.8%
Sodium 1056 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A 46.7% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 28.8% Iron 75.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In case the oysters are in the shell, shuck them.
2) Check for bits of shell in the meat and remove, if any.
3) Heat the butter till it starts to sizzle but ensure that it does not brown.
4) Add the oysters with the seasonings, liquor and Worcestershire sauce.
5) Heat till the edges of the oysters start to curl slightly.
6) Add the milk and mix well.
7) Thoroughly heat the mixture but ensure that it does not boil.
8) Top the hot Oyster Stew with a dash of paprika and serve hot. Makes a good and filling main course dish, but can also be served as an appetizer or even a snack.