- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oyster Stew Recipe
|Yellow onion||1 Small, minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Light cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Oysters||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.1%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g112.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.8 mg
Sodium 209.6 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.36%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 12 g23.9%
Vitamin A 27.1% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 23.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) On top of a double boiler, stir butter until melted and cook onions and garlic until soft and transparent.
2) Now add milk, cream, salt and pepper and heat over boiling water until steaming.
3) Add oysters and further cook until oysters float.
4) Add curry powder to taste and for that spicy flavor.
5) Serve with fresh crusty bread.