- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Special Oyster Stew Recipe
|Fresh oysters||1 Pint, drained; reserve liquor|
|Canned evaporated milk||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Oyster liquor||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Chopped chives||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.8%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g62.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 119 mg
Sodium 475.1 mg19.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.11 g0.46%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 18 g35.8%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a 2-quart casserole and heat butter in it for 45 seconds on High until it melts.
2) Stir in drained oysters and then cook them for about 4 to 5 minutes on High until edges curl.
3) Pour in milk, water, oyster liquor and seasonings.
4) Again microwave the mixture for 4 minutes on High until it almost comes to a boil. Ensure not to boil the milk.
5) Garnish with chives and serve at once.