- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oyster Sandwiches Recipe
|Margarine/Oil /butter||1 Teaspoon (To Grease Bowl Or Mould)|
|Butter||5 Ounce, softened (150 Gram)|
|Fine breadcrumbs||4 Teaspoon|
|Double cream||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Eggs||2 Medium, beaten|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Brown bread slice||10|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.3 mg
Sodium 347.1 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 17.6% Vitamin C 22.9%
Calcium 2.5% Iron 50.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a 150 ml bowl, pan or mould with margarine, oil or butter.
2. In a small saucepan combine oysters, 25g or butter, breadcrumbs, cream, egg and seasonings.
3. Place the saucepan on a medium low flame and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Spoon the mixture into the greased mould, packing it tightly.
5. Place in the refrigerator to chill for about an hour.
6. Unmould the oyster pate and slice into 5 slices.
7. Butter the bread slices.
8. Place a slice of the oyster pate on 5 buttered bread slices.
9. Sandwich with the other 5 slices, lightly pressing them down.
10. Slice off crusts and quarter each sandwich into squares or triangles or cut into fingers.
11. Arrange the sandwiches on a serving platter.
12. Serve immediately an appetizer at a cocktail party.