- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oyster Puree Recipe
|Uncooked rice||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Clam juice||1 Quart (Bottled)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped parsley||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 967 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.2%
Saturated Fat 19.6 g98.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.9 mg
Sodium 868.1 mg36.2%
Total Carbohydrates 134 g44.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 29 g58.7%
Vitamin A 33.5% Vitamin C 19.6%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 56.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Simmer rice in clam juice until soft and then add in butter.
2) Force the rice through a sieve.
3) Chop and blend oysters and then add in the rice.
4) Stir in cream and season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco.
5) Heat it so that it starts to boil.
6) Add 6 oysters and let it cook unti lthe edges curl.
7) Stir in cognac and let it simmer in the soup for 1-2 minutes.
8) Garnish with chopped parsley and serve in heated cups along with crisp Melba toast.