- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oyster Milk Toast Recipe
|Shucked oysters||1 Quart|
|Scalded milk||1 Quart (Rich Milk)|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper white||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Buttered whole wheat toast points||6|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2384 Calories from Fat 1132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 127 g194.8%
Saturated Fat 51.9 g259.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 664.4 mg
Sodium 3968.4 mg165.3%
Total Carbohydrates 174 g58.1%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.4%
Sugars 56.6 g
Protein 133 g266.8%
Vitamin A 145.6% Vitamin C 132.8%
Calcium 116.9% Iron 278.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean the oysters thoroughly.
2) Strain the liquid from it carefully.
3) Take a pan and heat the milk without scorching just prior to chafing.
4) Take a blazer pan and place it over hot water.
5) Add butter, oyster and liquid with the seasonings and heat properly.
6) Cook until the oysters curl at the ends.
7) Add the hot milk and continue cooking for another minute.
8) Serve as required.