- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oyster Bisque Recipe
|Carrot||1 Small, diced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Small, chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 Small, chopped|
|Parsley sprigs||1 , chopped|
|Oysters||1 1⁄2 Pint|
|Sauterne/Any white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Taylor New York State)|
|Soft bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cream milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Whole)|
|Light cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped (for garnish)|
Calories 1136 Calories from Fat 399
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g68%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 287 mg
Sodium 1678.7 mg69.9%
Total Carbohydrates 131 g43.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 47.3 g
Protein 43 g86.6%
Vitamin A 144.7% Vitamin C 75.3%
Calcium 39.8% Iron 114.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Drain the oysters and reserve the liquid.
2. Chop the oysters.
3. Soak the bread crumbs in milk, broth and reserved oyster liquid.
4. In a large soup pot, melt the butter
5. SautÃ© the vegetables until limp.
6. Add the chopped oysters and sautÃ© with the vegetables for another 3 minutes.
7. Add the soaked breadcrumbs with liquid to the pan and stir well.
8. Bring to a boil, stirring.
9. Reduce heat and stir in the cream, seasonings, and Worcestershire sauce.
10. Simmer, stirring occasionally unit oysters are cooked and soup is thick.
11. Ladle into soup bowls.
12. Garnish with sprinkle of paprika and chopped parsley.
13. Serve with crust bread or crackers.