- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Overnight Layered Salad Recipe
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 Medium, washed and chilled|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Pound (1 Bunch)|
|Canned water chestnuts||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Bell pepper/Pimento||1⁄2 , seeded (Red Or Green)|
|Frozen peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Mayonnaise||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bacon||3⁄4 Pound, fried crisp and drained|
Calories 720 Calories from Fat 601
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.3%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g45.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 1154.6 mg48.1%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 48.6% Vitamin C 57.3%
Calcium 14% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In food processor insert slicing disc.
2. Core lettuce, cut in wedges so that it can stand in feed tube of the food processor and slice.
3. Over bottom of wide 4-quart serving dish spread lettuce.
4. With a knife thinly slice green onions and part of tops and scatter slices over lettuce.
5. Draining the water chestnuts, drop into processor, slice and sprinkle over onions.
6. In feed tube of the food processor stand red or green pepper vertically â€“ slice and sprinkle over chestnuts.
7. Cutting celery in lengths, slice in processor and sprinkle over pepper.
8. Break frozen peas apart - sprinkle over salad, spread mayonnaise over peas and sprinkle with sugar, Parmesan, salt and garlic powder.
9. With metal blade, process bacon until finely chopped and sprinkle over salad.
10. Wash processor, cut eggs in quarters and process in processor until coarsely chopped.
11. Sprinkle over bacon and chill with cover 4-24 hours.
12. Before serving, cut tomato wedges and arrange around top of salad.
13. Use salad servers to lift out each serving and serve.