- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oven-Browned Tomatoes Part 3 Recipe Video
|Tomatoes||5 Medium, washed and cut in half|
|Parsley leaves||3 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Chopped garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Coarsely ground pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 188 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.2%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 89.5 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 1 g3%
Vitamin A 35.7% Vitamin C 47.1%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 392 F.
2. Rinsed the tomatoes under cold running water and remove the stem if present.
3. Using sharp knife, cut the tomatoes in half, if there are too many seeds remove some seeds.
4. Pick the parsley leaves and roughly chop them, chop the garlic.
5. In a baking sheet, arrange the tomatoes, cut side up and drizzle them with olive oil.
6. Dredge and spread chopped garlic all over the tomatoes.
7. Season them with salt and pepper.
8. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
9. Place the baking sheet in the middle rack of the oven and roast for 25 to 45 minutes depending on their size or until they are lightly browned but not burnt.
10. Take the baking sheet out of the oven and allow to cool slightly and remove them using a slotted spoon.
11. Serve hot on a serving plate.